This course is intended to cover the diagnostic approach taken to larger collections of budgerigars focussing on infectious disease and post mortem examination. This is different to the approach that would be taken for individual pet budgerigars and this course does contain images of post mortem examinations.
What Will You Learn?
- The benefits and shortcomings of commercially available tests.
- The importance of choosing the right bird for the right tests.
- Why you should be prepared to undertake detailed post mortem examinations even if they cost more.
- The need to have an experienced avian vet at key points during the process to maximise the benefit of the diagnostics you have run and to implement appropriate preventative medicine protocols.
22. Diagnostic Testing & Post Mortem
22. Diagnostic Testing & Post Mortem00:00
What have we learned?